AN UNKNOWN group of insurgents mounted six attacks simultaneously in the three Far South provinces last night (Apr. 14) but there were no injuries nor serious damage, Naewna newspaper said.
The attacks were launched just as Thailand marked Songkran festival and during the last 10 days of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
The six attacks are as follows:
– Sateng Nok railway bridge in Mueang district, Yala province, was bombed;
– A clash occurred at Special Operations Unit 21 in Rueso district, Narathiwat, initially no one was injured;
– Two insurgents riding a motorcycle opened fire at a unit located within Wat Chang Hai railway station in Khok Pho district, Pattani;
– Insurgents shot at a policeman near Wat Chang Hai railway station but he was not injured;
– Insurgents threw a pipe bomb at base T.P. 4107 in Yata subdistrict, Raman district, Yala, initially no injuries;
– A clash at unit 31 located within Cho-airong railway station in Narathiwat.
Top, below and Front Page: Bullets shattered glass window panes at an office, hit a wall and the ground. Photos: Naewna